Top 10 Ways To Get Cheap Car Insurance Rates – Part 2
Saving money on car insurance is something that almost anyone can do easily, and in Part 1 of this article we discussed five ways to be able to get cheap car insurance rates. These included safe driving, shopping for car insurance before you buy your car, shopping online to get the cheapest car insurance rates, raising your deductible, and considering whether or not to carry collision coverage for your vehicle if it is older. Here are the last five ways to get cheap car insurance rates:
6. Believe it or not, your car insurance rates can be affected by your credit rating, so keep it as high as you can. Increasingly auto insurers are using a person’s credit score to factor into the overall amount that they quote you for car insurance, so keep any errors that come up off your credit record, and pay your bills on time to not only improve your credit standing but also give you low cost car insurance rates.
7. If you happen to drive your car less than the average person check with your car insurance provider to see if they offer low mileage discounts, as you will find that many do.
8. Buy your homeowners and car insurance from the same insurance company. Many insurers will give you a good break on insurance if you buy more than one type of coverage from them. Typically, homeowners and auto insurance makes a good fit for both you and them, so ask them about getting both policies at once from them and see what the savings would be. Sometimes it can be substantial.
9. See if you can get group auto insurance. Many times you can get much cheaper car insurance rates by getting it as a group through your employer or through a large association that you may be part of. It never hurts to ask any possible group that you are affiliated with if such coverage is being offered.
10. Check into all the discounts that each provider offers. For instance, some offer discounts for non-smokers, for those that install anti-theft devices, for older drivers, and so forth. Just ask as many questions as you can of the companies that you are considering to do business with, and see what they have to offer in the way of discounts. You will never know if you don’t ask.
Saving money is something that we all like to do and you can actually save quite a bit of money with car insurance if you are well-informed and do your homework. So follow the suggestions given in this article and most likely you can be one of those consumers who have the cheapest car insurance rates too.
Source : http://ezinearticles.com/?Top-10-Ways-To-Get-Cheap-Car-Insurance-Rates—Part-2&id=166034