To Find Auto Insurance Companies, Ratings And Evaluations Can Help – 5 Steps
Shopping for auto insurance can take up some of your valuable time, but that time will be well-spent if you shop intelligently. In fact, spending just an extra hour or so shopping for the best rates for a car insurance policy that meets your coverage needs could save you hundreds per year in insurance premium payments.
Most people look at just one factor when they shop for car insurance: price. And, to be sure, reducing all of the variables you face in selecting a company down to just price has its merits – especially given how budget-conscious most of us are these days.
However, there are other things you should consider when shopping for a new policy, namely:
* Are you getting quotes for the right types of coverage and the right coverage limits?
* Are you applying for a policy with reputable insurance companies that get high ratings from customers?
If you are looking for auto insurance companies, ratings and evaluations can help. Here are 5 steps to finding the right auto insurance company for you:
1. JD Power & Associates conducts an excellent annual study:
One of the most reputable annual studies of auto insurance provider satisfaction among consumers is the JD Power & Associates National Auto Insurance Study. They rank all of the major national auto insurance companies who have open membership policies across 5 factors: contacting the insurer, policy offerings, billing and payment, pricing and claims. Find a copy of their latest annual study online and find out which companies they ranked highest this year; This is a great place to start building your list of candidate insurers.
2. Start your shopping by gathering a list of 5 auto insurance companies:
Make a list of 5 candidate insurers, based in part upon the result of the national survey above.
3. You should also research online blogs and discussion boards:
In addition to this type of official customer survey described in # 1 above, read up on what individual customers are saying unofficially about each of your 5 selections on blogs and online discussion boards. This is a valuable additional source of good information about companies. Of course, take each comment with a grain of salt since you are just hearing one person's opinion in this case. Still, take note of any positive or negative comments about each one that you find there.
4. Determine which coverage and coverage limits you want:
When buying auto insurance, you have a wide range of coverage options, including liability, uninsured motorist, medical payments, personal injury protection, and collision – not to mention towing, roadside assistance and comprehensive. Make sure you understand each type, as well as what the appropriate coverage limits for each type of insurance are for your situation.
5. Request insurance coverage quotations from at least 3 companies:
Now, it is time to use all of your research to narrow your list down to at least 3 companies. Request insurance quotes from each one. Be sure to request identical coverage options and coverage limits from each company so that you will get equivalent quotes from each one.
After going through these 5 steps, you will be able to confidently narrow your choices down to a reasonable number. And, you will have in hand the best-possible pricing from a top-notch insurer for a policy with the coverage types and limits you need.
Source : https://ezinearticles.com/?To-Find-Auto-Insurance-Companies,-Ratings-And-Evaluations-Can-Help—5-Steps&id=5060866
Other articles you might like;
- What Kind of Car Insurance Coverage You Should Buy?
- Cheap Auto Insurance – How They Do It
- Buy Auto Insurance Because You Need It
- Low Auto Insurance – How to Find Low Car Insurance Quotes Online
- Shipping to Aruba? Things to Know Before Sea Shipping to Aruba