How Your Homeowners Insurance Protects From Halloween Liability
Thus is life! As thoughts of Halloween abates with each gust of November’s winds, there are homeowners and renters still stinging from related liability of damages.
How so? Take the following insurance claim examples for instance.
• Jill’s dog was so cute that even strangers parking next to her car would comment on the pet inside. His nature matched the look. Playful yet gentle, the dog seemed a perfect ‘best friend’ to its owner and anyone who gave it attention. On Halloween night, however, the dog seemed to slide from Mr. Hyde to Mr. Jackal mode. Totally untrue to character, the dog reacted to the crowds that visited aggressively and actually pounced upon a one child and sunk his sharp teeth into the boy’s arm. The boy’s resulting injuries were so intense that he had to be hospitalized. The parents lost little time in filing a lawsuit against Jill. Fortunately, Jill’s homeowners insurance covered the damages.
• While away celebrating Halloween at a relative’s home, a renter’s home was littered with toilet paper and eggs. Expensive equipment was also stolen from inside the garage. The extensive clean up required professional services, accompanied by a high bill. The landlord’s homeowners insurance took care of the vandalism damage, while the man’s renters insurance covered his personal losses.
• Mike was meticulous about raking up all the leaves on his front and back lawn. Unfortunately, he was not as careful about putting away the rake. Leaving the rake lying on the grass was a big mistake and not because of the eyesore it caused. When a group of trick or treaters came by to collect their due candies, a little pirate tripped over the handle and landed face down on his walkway. The mask did little to protect the masquerader from injury to the face, leaving him with extensive injuries that required extensive medical care. A lawsuit was brought against Mike. The insurance company covered Mike’s liability.
• Sandra decided to make Halloween into a real project. She involved her husband and kids in the holiday decorating that included full lawn lighting. The effect was so inspiring that she decided to add even more lights. This, unfortunately, was the straw that broke the proverbial camel’s back, leading to a fire that caused much financial losses and property losses. Fortunately, Sandra’s Homeowners insurance protected her.
Speaking to an independent insurance agency about Halloween liability and coverage will help home dwellers owners understand all the added risks and benefits further.
Source : http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Your-Homeowners-Insurance-Protects-From-Halloween-Liability&id=9563732
Other articles you might like;
- What Kind of Car Insurance Coverage You Should Buy?
- Cheap Auto Insurance – How They Do It
- Buy Auto Insurance Because You Need It
- Low Auto Insurance – How to Find Low Car Insurance Quotes Online
- Shipping to Aruba? Things to Know Before Sea Shipping to Aruba