When people hear the words, "going to watch some TV", they automatically think of sitting on the couch in front of a giant screen television. For years upon years, this was true and the only way to watch your favorite shows. Well, now with computer technology growing and internet streaming becoming faster, watch your favorite episodes of "The Office" is now readily available from your computer.
Actually, watching TV through computers is increasingly popular as a de facto cable-TV system, and especially among households and individuals who would probably not spend extra for a subscription to cable or satellite. Plus, it has never been easier to do than it is today. All that is required is the right software, an internet connection and a computer. Here is a quick breakdown of how you can watch unlimited cable TV channels on your computer at no charge.
- The first thing you want to do is make sure the computer you plan on using meets all of the minimum requirements to run cable TV without any interruptions of the signal. Typically, your computer will use a DSL Internet connection, Windows XP or Vista and the most recent Internet Explorer or Firefox version.
- Go to a reputable computer shop and buy a good TV tuner card to install into your PC. These can also be found for purchase online. Any similar type of adapter program will also work for your needs. You are going to have a difficult time watching anything in real time without the correct software. You can, however, still watch pre-recorded shows or downloadable programs.
- As you're shopping around for a TV tuner card, you'll have two options, either and internal one or an external. An internal tuner card is hooked up directly to your motherboard. An external card is plugged into the computer via a USB port. They both work the same, but you may have a more difficult time installing an internal card. Also, if you own a laptop, an internal card is not a good choice even if the external cards are much more expensive.
- It is a good idea to find out from your cable company if any subscription or software programs are needed before you can access the system's programming. It is typically completed through special access codes given by the cable company. Another way is through installing software directly from a CD.
- Now that you're all set up with the installation of the TV tuner card and the correct cable subscription, you'll need to download a quality media player to your computer in to watch these TV programs. These work much better than the players provided by the website itself. They are much more effective, and providing a more even streaming of video.
Source by TL Kleban