Computer Hardware:- It is best described as any physical component of a computer system that contains a circuit board, ICs, or other electronics. A perfect example of hardware is the screen on which you are viewing this page. Whether it be a computer monitor, tablet or Smartphone; it’s hardware.
Without any hardware, your computer would not exist, and software could not be used. The picture is a Logitech webcam, an example of an external hardware peripheral. This hardware device allows users to take videos or pictures and transmit them over the Internet.
Types of Hardware:-
Internal Hardware External Hardware
Internal Hardware:- Hardware that is found inside your computer and may be found in a computer is known as internal hardware.
Ex. Internal Hardware:-
4. Heat Sank
7. Network Card
8. Sound Card
9. SMPS(Switched Mode Power Supply)
1. Motherboard:- It is known as main part of the computer. It is also known as System Board.It is the main printed board which contain socket that accept power and communicate with CPU and RAM.
2. Processor (CPU):-A processor handles all instruction that receives from hardware and software.
3. Fan:- A hardware device that keeps the overall computer or a computer device cool by circulating air to or from the computer or component. The picture is an example of a fan on a heat sink. It is located on the top of the processor or CPU. That helps to pull bellow hot air of the processor and helping cooler.
4. Heat Sink:- A heat sink is an electronic device that incorporates either a fan or a palter device to keep a hot component such as a processor cool.
5. Network Card:- It is an expansion card that enables a computer to connect to a network; such as a home network, or the Internet using an Ethernet cable with an RJ-45 connector.
6. Sound Card:- A sound card is an expansion card or IC for producing sound on a computer that can be heard through speakers or headphones. Although the computer does not need a sound device to function, they are included on every machine in one form or another, either in an expansion slot or built into the motherboard (onboard).
7. SMPS(Switched Mode Power Supply):- A switched-mode power supply (SMPS) is an electronic circuit that converts power using switching devices that are turned on and off at high frequencies, and storage components such as inductors or capacitors to supply power when the switching device is in its non-conduction state.
8. Modem:- A modem modulates outgoing digital signals from a computer or other digital device to analog signals for a conventional copper twisted pair telephone line and demodulates the incoming analog signal and converts it to a digital signal for the digital device.
External Hardware:- Hardware that found outside of the computer is known as External Hardware.
Ex. Of External Hardware.
Source by Kumar Kishan Chandra