Cheap SR 22 Insurance Quotes – Tips To Help Get The Best Price On Your SR 22 Filling
It is not that hard to get Cheap SR 22 Insurance Quotes when you know the tips that can help. Even if you are a high risk driver there are still discounts that you can get to help save you money. Some of these tips you should apply to your regular car insurance as well so you can save on both.
- Combine your policies: If you combine your SR 22 insurance with your regular car insurance then it will be possible to save money on both. Even though you are a high risk driver you should be able to take advantage of a multiple policy discount.
- Shop around: Get online and get some online SR 22 insurance quotes. The biggest way to save money on your insurance is to get as many estimates you can so you can actually compare the prices.
- Defensive Driving Course: This is going to show the insurance companies that you are trying to be very responsible and they will reward you with possible savings. These courses only take a weekend and it is worth doing because it will help with both your SR 22 and your regular insurance.
- Raise your deductible: If you can afford to raise your deductible then you could get a big discount. But only do this if you can afford to do it.
- Seek Alcohol Counseling: This will give you the ability to help prove that your clean and sober and you are not a liability risk anymore.
- Be a safe driver: Depending on your insurance company it can take you up to 60 months to get rid of the high risk driver status. So start being a responsible driver and that means no speeding no drinking and driving and only drive when you need to. I am basically saying keep yourself clean with no bad marks. Eventually you will be able to take advantage of a good drivers discount and that will save you money big time.
I understand your frustration more than you know, I myself have had to do this. But I want you know that SR 22 filing will not last forever. In most states its over within 36 months. While on SR 22 insurance I want you to make sure you never miss a payment because if you do then the SR 22 insurance is required to report you to the Secretary of State. If this happens you could get your license suspended again.
Source : http://ezinearticles.com/?Cheap-SR-22-Insurance-Quotes—Tips-To-Help-Get-The-Best-Price-On-Your-SR-22-Filling&id=6140657